Same questions + different person = The Beauty 3/6/5, an interesting peek into the lives and beauty personalities of our fantastic readers!
This week’s edition of The Beauty 3/6/5 features Yvonne from LA! Yvonne is a Make-up and Special FX artist.
She likes UV 3D glittery Gel Manicures, adding truffle oil to everything, and knitting things for her dogs.
So, without further ado…
1. Describe yourself in 10 words or less.
Adventurous, nostalgic, open-minded; knowledge is my driving force!
2. Tell us about your personal philosophy.
I truly believe you can learn something valuable from everyone & treat people the way you’d like to be treated!
3. “I am the most beautiful when…”
I am on a health kick, and excluding gluten and yeast from my diet; I’ve found that in my case, it helps stabilize my energy and mood levels — also keeps my skin MUCH less acne prone.
Me at work, airbrushing foundation on a client.
1. Your earliest beauty memory?
Remember the 80s? In elementary school, my favorite ‘do was when my mom would put my hair in pigtails and perfectly crimp each side, resulting in a sassy contrast to my otherwise drab school uniform.
2. Wackiest or most disastrous beauty moment?
Trying to wax your own eyebrows at home is NOT as easy as it looks! The first time I tried, I ended up with uneven brows that I had to fill in for weeks…I recommend tweezing the desired brow outline first and just waxing the surrounding area for clean up.
3. The most foolish beauty advice you’ve been given?
To stay away from colorful makeup/wardrobe with my skin color. I don’t remember who told me this, but I remember it from a very early age, and it couldn’t be more FALSE! Limiting myself to only neutral palettes is okay for certain situations, but as a person of color (ranging from medium honey to a light chestnut depending on season) it can almost be easier to wear bolder brighter eyeshadows and blush without it looking as flashy as you would imagine. The right pop of color can compliment a darker skin tone and bring out definition.
4. Last product you used down to the last drop?
Jane Iredale PurePressed Base in “Latte”. Before this product, I would never wear foundation on a daily basis; I’d either start to break out or hated the feeling of having makeup all over my face. It’s highly recommended by dermatologists as it is paraben and talc free, mineral-based, and non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores. It takes minutes to apply, and afterwards I like to spritz it with a mist of their Hydration spray (or Evian) to blend the minerals with the skin.
5. Who is your beauty icon and why?
So hard to choose just one! I love the classic beauty aesthetic of the 1960s and 1970s…I’ll say…Jane Fonda and her winged out doe eyes and big tousled hair a la Barbarella…I also love that she was (is) a feminist and political activist, even thought it was quite controversial at that time.
6. Celeb whose beauty style you most admire?
Chloe Sevigny…I love her casual wear; edgy, street but with a touch of runway.
5: PRODUCTS ON YOUR VANITY RIGHT NOW
Me playing poker. I win!
1. Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion — A great lightweight moisturizer that’s also a great primer to prep your face before makeup.
2. Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir — This eyepencil is fast and easy to use — lasts all day for me!
3. Two Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer in Honey — This vitamin rich vegan concealer is highly pigmented very blendable. I layer it over my dark spots and it has a nice velvety finish.
4. Stila Travel Palette: Wonderful in Waikiki – These travel palettes are truly a lot of bang for your buck! They all have four eyeshadow colors, two blushes, and an instructional chart inside. I love the compact size and that I can just intensify/bump up my makeup on-the-go from day to night!
5. Nars blush in Orgasm – An essential shimmery peach that looks good on almost everyone..
Visit Yvonne at www.YvonneWang.com
The Beauty 3/6/5 is an interesting peek into the lives and beauty personalities of our fantastic readers! We would love to feature YOU! Please send an email that includes: your name, where you live, picture(s) and your responses to beauty3sixty5 [at] gmail [dot] com
Like this post? SUBSCRIBE below so you won’t miss another!
Email Newsletter or RSS Feed
Follow Us on Twitter
”Like” Us on Facebook
Pin with Us on Pinterest
This entry was posted
on Sunday, April 8th, 2012 at 11:16 pm and is filed under The Beauty 3/6/5.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Check out my Tumblr while you’re at it!