We are huge Oprah fans here at Beauty 365, so we thought we’d share some notable words of wisdom that we recently discovered on Oprah.com.
Gene Siskel recently asked Oprah what she “knew for sure” and below is the list for your inspirational enjoyment…
1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what. (This is my creed.)
2. You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
11. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.
12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
13. Let passion drive your profession.
14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
15. Love doesn’t hurt. It feels really good.
16. Every day brings a chance to start over.
17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
18. Doubt means don’t. Don’t move. Don’t answer. Don’t rush forward.
19. When you don’t know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
20. “Trouble don’t last always.” (A line from a Negro spiritual, which calls to mind another favorite: This, too, shall pass.)
Do any of these particularly resonate with you?
Number 13 is driving some really positive (and scary!) changes in our lives at the moment — wish us luck! or better yet, success
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, October 21st, 2008 at 3:04 pm and is filed under Beauty On The Inside.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.